Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday Night Dinner

I had a stressful start to my week so tonight I had a little extra time so I decided to cook a nice dinner. Usually if I cook something the rest of my family will try it. I'm surprised by the amount of healthy vegan/vegetarian food that I get them to try and even more surprised by how much they love it. I'm still shocked that my sisters love kale chips!! Tonights meal was entirely vegan and so healthy!
For the main meal I made vegan stuffing, Happy Herbivore tempeh meatloaf, and my dad made his salad. And for dessert I made Happy Herbivore chocolate chip cookies!!

Vegan Stuffing
Ingredients:
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion
3 stalks of celery
2 cup vegetable stock
1 bag of vegan stuffing mix
Directions:
1- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then start buy chopping up the garlic, onion, and celery. Put the olive oil in a pot and heat. Add the veggies and saute until they become translucent.
2- Add the vegetable stock
3- Bring the stock to a boil 
4- Turn off heat and add stuffing and mix until stuffing is moist
5- Put stuffing into a greased baking dish and cook until crispy
Veggies Cooking

Finished Stuffing

Happy Herbivore Tempeh Meatloaf
I though this recipe turned out really well and my dad and sister even liked it. The only problem that I had was that when I went to cut it it fell apart because since its vegan no eggs were used. But if you don't mind a crumbly meatloaf the flavor was really good.
This is the tempeh mixture before you mash it down into a bread pan

Finished Tempeh Meatloaf

This is my Dad's famous salad. Its the simplest thing but everyone loves it. Multiple family members have requested it at their weddings!! 
Cookie Dough

Dessert: Happy Herbivore Chocolate Chip cookies
These cookies were the most amazing cookie that I have ever had. They are super healthy whole wheat, no added fat vegan cookies made with applesauce but they taste like the real deal. If your thinking about buying the Happy Herbivore cookbook I would buy it even if its just for this one recipe. They are that good!!! I hope everyone has a great night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment