Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Lunch

Like I said before being in the kitchen cooking is like therapy for me. I wanted to share what I made for lunch today. It was kind of a random lunch but I needed to use up some stuff that I had on hand. I first made another recipe from Happy Herbivore cookbook. I made pumpkin oatmeal raisin cookies!!! Totally yum. I always love that with baking vegan you can eat the batter and not worry about getting food poisoning. There are lots of ways that you can go with this cookie recipe but I wanted to go with the pumpkin because I had some leftover from my muffins this morning. This cook book is really a must buy. Most of the time I get my cook books from the library and only try one or two recipes from it but not this cookbook I cant wait to make them all. 

Here is the link to the recipe for anyone who wants to try them!!



I also made gardein buffalo wings. I bought these a wile back and they have been sitting in the freezer. When me and my two sisters decided to go vegetarian we didn’t eat very much meat to begin with. However, we all miss buffalo chicken. So I bought these for my sisters and finally cooked them up today. First of all they smell totally like the real deal but i tried one and I’m not that good with the texture. They are not breaded and I think that’s why I don’t like them. The boca chicken patties are much better. Also they give you this huge packet of sauce which is super hot. You need like 1 tbs of it to get the point. My sisters will have to be the judge on these but its definatley not something I would buy again.



Lastly I made my own oven roasted potatoes. I think potatoes get a bad rep but thats because most people eat them in the unhealthy form of french fries and potato chips. However, when the skins are left on potatoes are a low calorie starchy vegetable that can be used in a variety of ways. They are full of potassium, vitamin C and a good source of fiber. Oven roasted is one of my favorite ways to eat them. I added rosemary that we had in the freezer from our garden. Rosemary with potatoes is one of the best combinations. 
Recipe:
2 large organic potatoes
handful of rosemary
salt
pepper
garlic powder
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350
Cut potatoes into bite sized cubes leaving the skin on (thats where all the nutrients are)
mix with remaining ingredients
bake until crispy






No comments:

Post a Comment