Monday, February 13, 2012

Looking Back on New Years Goals

I can't believe that its already Valentine's Day tomorrow. This year is already flying by. Today I wanted to blog about how I was doing on my new years goals. This year instead of just making one resolution that most people don't stick to for longer than two weeks I decided to write down a bunch of goals for myself for the new year. I always like to find ways that I can improve my health and I think even the most healthy people can improve their diet in some way. Some of my new years goals were:
Relax more
Do more yoga (check!)
Drink more water
Quit caffeine
Start a blog (check!)
make one new recipe from a cookbook each week (check!)
go outside more
buy less stuff ( Have not bought one new piece of clothing in the new year!!)




Those were just some of my new years goal that I made for myself this year. I think I am at least in the process of doing each of those. I'm almost completely off of caffeine right now. I gradually have been decreasing the amount of caffeinated coffee I drink and replacing it with decaf this way I avoid the major headache that comes from quitting caffeine. I should be completely off of it by this weekend. Caffeine always gets mixed reviews in the nutrition world. But my main reason for stopping is that I don't want any substance going into my body that is addicting like that. If I'm that tired without caffeine that means that I need to be getting more sleep and exercise and not just drinking another cup of coffee.

For some reason drinking the recommended 64 ounces of water has always been a problem for me. I think its because I never got in the habit of drinking plain water. Before I became a health nut I was addicted to diet soda. But I know how important drinking water is so thats why I made it one of my goals. While I'm in the process of trying to make it a habit I'm keeping track of how much water I drink and making sure to get the 64 ounces a day. Now right when I wake up I make sure to drink 1 or 2 cups. 
So overall I think I'm doing well on my New Year's goals! Did anyone else make any goals or resolutions? How are they going for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment