Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wheat Grass Smoothie

          What I have been trying to concentrate on regarding my diet is getting the most nutrition for everything that I eat. I am eating with a purpose in mind instead of just to relieve hunger. Before I choose everything I eat I  think about that choice and the nutrition that goes along with that food choice. I was doing some research during my cleanse and I came across wheatgrass. I have to do more research about growing it for myself so I decided instead to buy Amazing Grass Wheat Grass Powder. Its in a powder form and you can mix it with water or into your favorite smoothies like this one. I am not to the point yet where I can mix it with water so I am trying to incorporate it into smoothies where I can mask the flavor and still get all of the benefits out of it.

        Wheatgrass does amazing things for the body including providing you with increased and sustained energy naturally, it detoxifies and cleanses your body, it has a high alkalinity which helps you balance high acidic pH levels in the body which can promote disease, it strengthens the immune system, it is full of enzymes and contains all the essential amino acids,  and it is a natural source of antioxidants. A 1oz shot of wheatgrass juice is equivalent to eating 2 1/2 pounds of vegetables. The overall message is that individuals need to be more aware of the healing powers of food instead of just turning to medications.
     This smoothie recipe will give you all the benefits of the wheatgrass and it does a good job of masking the taste.

Recipe

Ingredients:
1 frozen banana
1 cup organic frozen cherries
1 scoop of Amazing Grass wheatgrass powder
1 cup almond milk

Directions:
Blend all ingredients in a blender and enjoy the benefits =) 


No comments:

Post a Comment