Sunday, April 15, 2012

Protein Smoothie!


 

Sorry everyone that I have been MIA for so long so much has been going on in my life all great things =). Most of you know that I did the 21 Day wellness cleanse and after doing that my entire outlook on my diet has changed drastically. I thought I had a super healthy diet compared to most people and I did but there were a ton of things that I needed to improve upon. That is my new project I am working on. Becoming as healthy as I possibly can be. Especially now that I got officially accepted to graduate school to get my masters in nutrition and become a clinical nutritionist. It is extremely important to me to be an example to other people and show then what can happen if you have a healthy diet. I am now focusing on making my diet extremely clean and nutrient dense. I have eliminated added sugar and dairy from my diet. I am eating eggs and focusing on making sure I get a ton of vegetables, fruits, and plant based proteins. I have learned so much new information and want to share it with everyone. I have also started to work out a lot more. I have always exercised but I really want to get in super good shape and tone up a lot. This forced me to take a closer look at the amount of protein that I was eating and I was consuming no where near enough. I wanted to share a recipe for a super healthy protein smoothie that is full of nutrients.
Purple protein smoothie



Ingredients:
1.5 cups non diary milk (I used almond)
1 tablespoon chia seeds 
1 packet vega vanilla chia protein powder (my new obsession its amazingly good)
1 cup frozen cherries
1 frozen banana
2 handfuls of spinach

Directions:
Blend all your ingredients in a blender and enjoy either after a hard workout or for a meal. I had this today for lunch with cut of red peppers and hummus. 

This was my first time trying the vega protein powder. The other day I was at Whole Foods and decided to get one packet of it to try it. The flavor of the protein powder made the whole smoothie taste amazing. You don't even taste the spinach but you still get to sneak in that extra nutrition. Hope everyone enjoys this and let me know if you try it and what you think! What is everyones favorite protein powder? More posts coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment