Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day!!!




I have the most amazing Dad and Poppy ever and I wanted to wish them both the best Father's Day ever!! They are two of the most selfless, giving, amazing men I know and I would never be where I am today without there love and support. My dad has always gone above and beyond doing what a Dad does and I am forever grateful that I have him in my life. I wanted to post a recipe for a special breakfast that everyone can make for the special Dads in their lives. I hope everyone has a relaxing enjoyable Sunday full of fun and family and a little relaxation. I am off to the farmers market and then celebrating Father's Day with a cookout later on with my family =)!!!! 
Vegan Spelt Banana Pancakes 
I like experimenting with different flours when I'm baking and this was my first time using spelt flour. It is a great alternative as a whole grain and a way to mix it up. These pancakes turned out super good!! 

Ingredients (makes 9 pancakes): 
1 cup spelt flour 
a few dashes cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 Tbs pure maple syrup
1 ripe banana mashed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon chia seeds
3 tablespoons water
Directions:
1- Make the chia egg first by combining the chia seeds with the water and set aside for a few minutes
2- Heat skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray
3- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls
4- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients slowly, add chia egg and mix batter throughly 
5- Pour batter on skillet and cook on one side until bubbles form then flip and cook on other side until golden brown



Enjoy with some coconut oil and warm maple syrup!!


YUM!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment